It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:09 am

Flatonia @ Ganado

Home of the toughest football in Texas

Flatonia @ Ganado

Postby BIG C FAN » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Boy this should be a good game to watch ! Ganado coming into this one riding a three game winning streak and winning last years game by a couple of scores!And Flatonia coming into this one ready to prove they can win a hard game and can play with a Playoff team like Ganado!Tell me what u all think on this big rival game!

GO BIG C !
BIG C FAN

Re: Flatonia @ Ganado

Postby ganado » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:18 am

Well I wish they were still in our district and the UIL had added Weimar to it. Either way we are still getting to play the Bulldogs. Any game against a decent or good ballclub is going to be a close one for Ganado, mainly because of depth issues. Flatonia fits that category so let's go with the Indians 27-21.
ganado

Postby BIG C FAN » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:23 pm

what the heck happened to those Indians tonight !

GO BIG C!
BIG C FAN

Postby ComancheAlumni06 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:27 pm

I was thinking the same thing Big C
ComancheAlumni06

Postby indian259 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:10 am

[quote="BIG C FAN"]what the heck happened to those Indians tonight !

YOU NEED TO READ THE BOARD REGULATIONS : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11

DO NOT say anything about a school district or its faculty that is derogatory. Remember this site is for talking football, not talking about the schools or staff.

EDITED BY WINDTHORSTFAN
indian259

Postby Philo Beddoe » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:05 am

I wish the Flatonia-Schulenburg game would've happened last week just for a comparison sake, apparently the Bulldogs have a pretty decent team this year and apparently Ganado has a few issues. Congrats Bulldogs on a great road win.
Philo Beddoe
Donating Member

Postby BIG C FAN » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:51 am

Well then this should be his last year for him,And those Indians should be able to get back to kicking butt after this season ! I sure bet all those Ganado fans are pretty upset the way things are going!Anyway Just make the best of it and hopefully Ganado can get it going now that we are almost starting district!Good luck the rest of the way and look forward on seeing you fine Ganado fan when you all come to Shiner!

GO BIG C !
BIG C FAN

Postby ganado » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:46 pm

It has taken some Ganado fans nearly 4 years to see what I saw by the 4th week in the 1st season. smh. The simplicity and predictability is so absurd it's embarrassing. Oh well, Ganado will have a new coach next year, a new classification, and unfortunately things won't be getting better for at least 3-4 years. Welcome back the 04'-07' seasons. The true Indian fans will stick around and support them through the turbulent years going forward.

I do want to congratulate Flatonia on the win. They were fired up and wanted it more than we did. Also, heck of a job by their OC to dial up some big time play calls.

Where are the move ins already?
ganado

Postby indian259 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:05 pm

Ganado has an extremely talented senior class that is also being wasted, just like the classes before them. It is a shame that the new offensive and defensive coordinators have not stepped up to help this team. Many kids are only playing because they are here this year. What move ins are you looking for?
indian259

Postby ganado » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:29 pm

indian259 wrote:Ganado has an extremely talented senior class that is also being wasted, just like the classes before them. It is a shame that the new offensive and defensive coordinators have not stepped up to help this team. Many kids are only playing because they are here this year. What move ins are you looking for?

YOU NEED TO READ THE REGULATIONS THREAD: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11
DO NOT say anything about a school district or its faculty that is derogatory. Remember this site is for talking football, not talking about the schools or staff.

DO NOT use this forum to bash coaches, faculty, and especially players.
EDITED BY WINDTHORSTFAN

How many 1a high schools do you know that have 28:00 halftimes? This is a serious question, not a rhetorical question.
ganado

Postby retchbh » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:30 am

All Texas high schools have a 28 min half time. This is required by UIL rules. I don't know whether your OC calls plays or not, but I do know that he is an outstanding coach. I watched him for several years in Mason and he did an excellent job calling plays. He also does a great job of coaching the players and getting them ready to play a game.
retchbh

Postby ganado » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:14 pm

retchbh wrote:All Texas high schools have a 28 min half time. This is required by UIL rules. I don't know whether your OC calls plays or not, but I do know that he is an outstanding coach. I watched him for several years in Mason and he did an excellent job calling plays. He also does a great job of coaching the players and getting them ready to play a game.

YOU NEED TO READ THE REGULATIONS THREAD: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11

DO NOT use this forum to bash coaches, faculty, and especially players.
EDITED BY WINDTHORSTFAN

On a side note, it's almost like someone is trying to sabotage our season... :-?
ganado

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:04 pm

Half-time can be no longer than 28 minutes. Up in our neck of the woods it is generally 24 minutes.
Windthorstfan

Postby BIG C FAN » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:30 pm

Football roundup: Flatonia scores 17 unanswered for rally win over Ganado

By Cannon News Services
Posted September 30, 2013 - 2:02pm

Flatonia 24, Ganado 14

Flatonia reeled off the last 17 point in a 24-14 come-from-behind win at the Ganado Indians on Friday.

Down 14-7 in the third quarter, Will Bruns got a 33-yard touchdown pass to Reed Rightmer and the pair worked together again in the fourth quarter for the game-winner, a 24-pass collaboration.

Flatonia put the icing on the cake with a 34-yard field goal from Jose Manzano.

After a scoreless first frame, Ganado went ahead 7-0 on the 5-yard run by Clay Vesely. Flatonia responded with a Bruns’ 55-yard pass to Gus Venegas.

The Indians took the third-quarter lead on a 2-yard run by Billy Jones.

Flatonia had another good game passing as Bruns completed 5-of-5 passing for 129 yards and three touchdowns. Casen Novak was 2-of-3 for 13 yards. Rightmer had 57 yards receiving and Venegas had four catches for 77 yards and ran the ball eight times for 52 yards.

F 0 7 7 10-24

G 0 7 7 0-14

G-Clay Vesely 5 run (Thomas Park kick)

F-Gus Venegas 55 pass from Will Bruns (Jose Manzano kick)\

G-Billy Jones 2 run (Parks kick)

F-Reed Rightmer 33 pass from Bruns (Manzano kick)

F-Rightmer 24 pass from Bruns (Manzano kick)

F-Manzano 34 FG

Team stats F G

First downs 12 14

Rushes-yards 32-116 40-153

Passing yards 142 70

Passes 7-8-0 7-15-0

Penalties-yards 3-20 0-0

Fumbles-lost 1-1 2-2

Punts-average 3-34.3 2-43

GO BIG C!
BIG C FAN

Return to 2A Texas Football